Mountain Aire Veterinary Hospital, Inc. is here to help you navigate the vast amount of information available on the internet, we are happy to provide the following list of trusted links for interesting and educational postings related to pets and their care.
- American Animal Hospital Association: www.aaha.org (MAVH is an accredited member)
- American Veterinary Medical Association: www.avma.org
- Southern California Veterinary Medical Association: www.scvma.org
- Pets and Parasites www.petsandparasites.com (parasite prevalence maps updated monthly)
- Society of Veterinary Behavior Technicians: www.svbt.org (one of our staff is a member)
- American Board of Veterinary Practitioners
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Kennel Club
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges
- American Humane Society: www.americanhumane.org
- ASPCA: www.aspca.org
- Shelter On The Hill (local humane society): (661) 248-5018
- Mountain Communities SPCA (local humane society): (661) 245-2400, (661) 245-3035
- Little Bit of Wildlife (PMC wildlife rescue, rehab, education) (661) 242-2717, (661) 242-1803, (661) 242-2955 or (661) 242-1781
- Kern County Animal Control & Shelter (animal control, adoptions, Kern County Rabies licensing): www.co.kern.ca.us. (661) 868-7100, 201 South Mount Vernon, Bakersfield CA 93307
- Pet Harbor (missing pets): www.petharbor.com
- NetPosse – lost or stolen horses www.netposse.com (707) 484-2165
- AVID Microchip: www.avidid.com, (800) 336-2843
- Opossum Society (opossum rescue): www.opossumsocietyus.org
- The Animal Rescue Site, donates to shelters per mouse click on sponsors: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
- Animal Rescue League – wildlife rescue information: www.arlboston.org
- Kern County Animal Emergency & Urgent Care (24-hr urgent care): 4300 Easton Drive, Suite #1, Bakersfield CA 93309 ph: (661) 322-6019, www.ervets.com
- McClave Veterinary Hospital (Reseda, CA): www.mcclavevethospital.com, 6950 Reseda Blvd, Reseda, CA 91335, ph: (818) 881-5102, fax: (818) 881-2831
- Stevenson Ranch Veterinary Center: (no website) 25832 Hemingway Ave, Santa Clarita, CA 91381, ph: (661) 799-0655
- All-Care Animal Referral Center (24-hr service): www.acarc.com, 18440 Amistad Street, Fountain Valley, CA 92708, (714) 963-0909, (800) 994-PETS (7387)
- Pet Poison Helpline – A Service of the SafetyCall ™ Pet Poison Control Center (24hrs): www.petpoisonhelpline.com, (800) 213-6680 ** please be advised there is a per incident fee
- ASPCA Animal Poison Control (24hrs): www.aspca.org, (888) 426-4435
- Blue Rose Pet Salon, 3429 Los Padres Drive, Frazier Park. (661) 245-3635 or (661) 319-0839.
- Zen DogZ Dog & Cat Grooming, 2220 Freeman Drive, Pine Mountain. (661) 242-1781 or (661) 245-1150.
- Pause for Pets. Susan Norlund. Frazier Park. (661) 245-3781 or (661) 477-6717. Sheepieluv@msn.com.
- Pet TLC – All Weather Pet Care In Your Home. Linda Friedl. Pine Mountain Club. (661) 242-3886 or (661) 993-1705.
- Koket’s Paws and Claws, Marleen Ramirez. Pine Mountain Club. (661) 242-1560. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sarah L. Fuess – Livestock Care & Pet Sitting Service. Lebec. (661) 248-6240 or (661) 992-3414
- Pet Photos – Jeanette Alvarez. Pine Mountain Club. (661) 242-0912
- Lorraine A. Murphy, Professional Photographer. Frazier Park. (661) 731-3323
- Tag Me Up, mobile custom tag engraving for humans and pets. Robyn and Luis Fuerte. (661) 778-3299 or (661) 401-9057. email@example.com, www.facebook.com/tagmeup
- Lola 4 Pets, pet supplies, and services. Pine Mountain (661) 242-1886 or (310) 439.5219, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.lola4pets.com
- West Nile Virus: www.westnile.ca.gov
- Mosquito and Vector Control: www.mvcac.org
- Kern Mosquito and Vector Control District
4705 Allen Road
Bakersfield, CA 93314
(661) 589 2744
- Kern Mosquito and Vector Control District
- PetSit: www.petsit.com
- AVID Microchip: www.avidid.com, (800) 336-2843 (AVID microchips are available at MAVH)
- Dog Leggs: www.dogleggs.com (assisted mobility)
- K-9 Carts: www.K9carts.com (pet wheelchairs, walkaboot accessory)
- Physical Rehabilitation: www.physicaltherapists.com/articles/physical-therapy-for-pets.html
- Actors and Others for Animals www.actorsandothers.com
- Animal Health Foundation www.animalhealthfoundation.net
- PALS: Pets Are Loving Support www.sonic.net/~pals/index.html (elderly, disabled, ill owners)
- Voice for the Animals Foundation, Helping Pets Program www.vftafoundation.org (elderly, disabled, ill owners)
- Cat People, Bakersfield (661) 327-4706 (cat food/litter, spay/neuter, and vaccination assistance)
- LA Animal Services www.laanimalservices.com (spay/neuter, vaccination, and microchip assistance)
- Cats in Need (of Human Care) www.catsinneed.com
- The Pet Fund www.thepetfund.com
- United Animal Nations LifeLine Fund www.uan.org
- Brown Dog Foundation www.browndogfoundation.org/home
- Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance Program www.fveap.org
- Feline Outreach www.felineoutreach.org
- The Perseus Foundation (cancer specific) www.perseusfoundation.org
- Canine Cancer Awareness www.caninecancerawareness.org
- Cody’s Club (radiation treatments specific) codysclub.bravehost.com
- The Mosby Foundation www.themosbyfoundation.org
- Magic Bullet Fund (cancer specific) www.themagicbulletfund.org
- The Binky Foundation www.binkyfoundation.org
- God’s Creatures Ministry Veterinary Charity www.all-creatures.org/gcm/help-cf.html
- Jake Brady Memorial Fund www.myjakebrady.com/memorial_fund.shtml
- Sarah Edwards, Pet Bereavement Counseling, Pine Mountain. (661) 242-2624
- Pet Loss Support Helpline (877) 474-3310. www.petloss.com or www.petlosssupport.com
- IAMS Pet Loss Support Center (888) 332-7738 (EST)
- www.PetPeopleHelp.com for emotional support of the animal/human bond
- Cornell University – Veterinary Student Volunteers (607) 253-3932 (Tue-Thu, 6-9 p.m. EST)
- Michigan State University – Veterinary Student Volunteers (517) 432-2696
- Ohio State University – psychologist Stephanie to help PTS decisions (877) 474-3310
- Illinois College – grief care packages (217) 244-2273 (Tue, Thu, Sun 7-9 p.m. CST)
- Washington State University – Veterinary Student Volunteers (866) 266-8635 (Tue-Thu 6:30-9:30 p.m. PST)
- Matthews Cremation Division: www.matthewscremation.com (memorial products for pets). (800) 327-2831, Apopka, FL.
- Pet Loss Support: Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement
- Sophia Yin, DVM
An author of “A Perfect Puppy in 7 Days” and previous lecturer at Western Veterinary Conference with advice on how to train and socialize dogs and cats. Problems addressed on her website include aggression, fear, barking and promoting the art of interaction with your pets. Books and products to assist in training are also available on her website. www.drsophiayin.com
- National Train Your Dog Month
Every January – start the year off positively with webinars, Facebook chats and other free resources for pet owners. www.trainyourdogmonth.com
- Clinical Animal Behavior Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, UC Davis
Los Angeles Satellite Clinic – vmth.ucdavis.edu – email@example.com – (858) 759-6837 (1st Wednesday of every month)
- Robert A. Eckstein, DVM, PhD
Pet Behavior Specialist – PO Box 9000, Asheville NC, 28815 – (800) 972-2580
- Tami Kearney, Mtn Top K-9 Training
(530) 628-3647, firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of California, Davis: www.ucdavis.edu
- Veterinary Medical Center at UC Davis: vmth.ucdavis.edu (seminars attended regularly by MAVH staff for continued education)
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Cal Poly Pomona Moorpark College for Animal Training Western Veterinary Conference – Las Vegas, Nevada.www.wvc.org (attended regularly by MAVH staff for continued education)
- Veterinary Job Bank: www.aaha.org
- Veterinary Medicine Website Relaunch: www.vetmedpub.com
- Pet Insurance Information: Petinsurancereview.com
- Pet Insurance University: Pet Insurance University
- AVMA: Do You Need Pet Insurance?
- Trupanion: www.trupanion.com
- VPI Whole Pet with Wellness: www.petinsurance.com (This is the ultimate option in coverage for anything your pet needs – with the exclusion of pre-existing conditions)
- Pet’s Best: www.petsbest.com
- 24PetWatch: www.24petwatch.com
- Care Credit: www.carecredit.com
- Financial Aid Resources Document
- Ultimate Guide to Financial Aid for Pets
- Best Pet Insurance Based on In-Depth Reviews
- This piece on moving with pets covers pretty much every angle – preparation, travel, adjustment to a new house, and veterinarian advice on how to make the transition smooth. This guide can be a lifesaver when it comes to travelling and moving with your pet!
How to Pack and Move Your Bird: http://www.wikihow.com/Pack-and-Move-Your-Bird
- Moving your bird is way different than dogs and cats. Many birds do not like their carriers, so it is important to spend plenty of time helping them to adjust before the move comes. This page also has a great section on how to help your bird adjust to a new home after the move.
Pet Resume Guide: https://renttoownlabs.com/pet-resume
- This is really handy for movers with pets; it helps you lay out a pet profile or resume for when your landlord wants to know about your pet. It shows you how to include information such as if he/she is spayed, neutered, declawed, certain behaviors, breed, etc. There are surprisingly many places for rent that require something like a pet resume, and this source will help you to avoid the extra work of putting one together on your own!
Pet Sitter Locator: http://mms.petsitters.org/members/directory/search_napps.php?org_id=NAPP
- Many “Moving with Pets” guides recommend getting a pet sitter on the day of the move. This site provides a directory search by the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters so you know you can find someone trustworthy.
Grey Muzzle App by Laps of Love
Grey Muzzle Quality of Life Calendar App is the first app to journal your pet’s days on your iPhone/iPad or android device.
Resting Respiratory Rate Tracker from Your Dogs Heart
Use this app to help track and compare over time your pet’s resting respiratory rate.
MyVetLink from Global Vet Link (Health Certificates for Travel)
Easy, instant access for to animal health documents and information, travel requirements for interstate movement and download your pet’s certificates for offline storage.
Animal Poison Control Center Mobile App
Quickly identify over 300 potential hazards for your pet, the potential severity of the problem and instructions on the crucial next steps pet owners should take.
Pet First Aid from The American Red Cross
Includes basic first aid to help your pet as well as emergency preparedness information.
- Download: American Red Cross Apps